We are always looking for ways to make sure life is sweet in Waverly. We provide permits to builders, dog owners, and anyone in town who wants to make sure they are in accordance the law. Stop by City Hall if you ever have a question, or send us a message through the contact form here — we’ll be more than happy to help!


Building Permits

To ensure the safety of everyone in Waverly and to abide by local and state laws, Waverly has an efficient building permit process available to anyone who requests it. Simply stop by City Hall or send us a message with the form here.


Dog Tags

We want all pups in Waverly to be safe and accounted for. Folks living within city limits with dogs older than six months are required to come to City Hall once a year to register their hounds. The process is simple! We need the owner’s name and address, and the furball’s name, sex, description, and valid proof of rabies immunization. If you’re new in town and have a dog over six months old, city ordinances provide you with a full thirty days to come on down to City Hall for your first annual dog registration.

Certain breeds of dogs are unlawful to keep within the city limits, including Pit Bulls, Chows, Dobermans, Rottweilers, and Shar-Peis. Contact City Hall for more information.

Registration fees are $3 for a spayed/neutered dog, and $5 for an unspayed dog. Failure to abide by our process can lead to fines up to $50.00 per Ordinance 478, Sec. 1; Code 2005.


Open Burning

County burn permits may be obtained at City Hall. There is no charge. You must call the county before burning begins. They will ask for your burn permit number. The county number to call is on your burn permit.

The city burn site is available to the residents for natural growth disposal, limbs and branches only. The key can be checked out at City Hall. Visit or contact City Hall for more information!


All-Terrain Vehicles

For the safety of everyone in Waverly, all-terrain vehicle (ATV) riders are required to register their vehicle at City Hall before riding on city streets. The registration process is easy. Fee: $20.

City of Waverly • 210 Pearson Ave • PO Box 308
Waverly. KS 66871

Open Monday-Friday
9:00 am-3:00 pm

(785) 733-2461 •  (785) 733-2395 Fax
For after-hours emergencies, call 785-733-2791. 

• • •

Photography by Hannah Gentry
Design by
Aswar Rahman
An Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider.